CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Counting down the days that passed

Saturday 18 April 2009

Sarawakian Dinner

It all started on Thursday night while chatting with Bryan... Out of the blue he excitedly asked me to go check out this blog, Sebugey. Wondering what made him so excited I explored the blog... I don't know whether it was a good idea or not, because the blog contained sooooo MUCH food!!!!!!! I was drooling ok looking at the ayam pansuh, lauk terong, kari manok, the asam fish and etc...

He was like, ehhh, what can you cook? I'm like... all also I never cook before!! But I watched my aunty cook ayam pansuh before... We went on and on about ayam pansuh... lol! I was supposed to go ask for recipes, and prepare the chicken, and his task was to chop bamboo.. haha... then I remembered the corn beef HQ and I bought hours before. So, we decided to attempt cooking nasi goreng corn beef... =D

We poor things forced ourselves to sleep despite our growling stomach waiting for Friday night to come faster... oh yaaa... we decided to do it long house style just cause we alcoholics with whiskey... XD at first we wanted Chivas but then it was wayyy above budget so we opt for our good friend JD instead...

meet JD...

But we didn't manage to speak Iban after that... I think we need tuak for that, or stronger whiskey... LOL!!!


nasi goreng

We threw in onions, and the corn beef.... goreng-goreng, then threw in the rice... and later on egg... =D Not bad la in the end... Quite nice... 3 of us finished the whole kuali of rice... crazy la right?





and for desert we watched Sweeney Todd and Harold and Kumar... Nice movies, totally recommended!!! =D Hope you had a great start to the weekend too!


1 comments:

Livvy said...

goshhh...
im so hungry!!!
i miss all those kampung food!!!