CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Counting down the days that passed

Friday 29 May 2009

Anticipating Gawai

Realised that I've been not updating as often as I had been, so... trying to squeeze out inspiration from my brain... haha. Life have been pretty so-so lately, nothing major has happened...

But something I can't deny... I terikut-ikut in the excitedness of Gawai... This is the most hype feeling for Gawai in the 3 years I left home... I also don't know why... Maybe it's because of Bryan, a fellow Sarawakian who also terhyper about Gawai... Haha... Before, talk pasal Gawai, people pun don't know what's it... Anywayyy, we have a plan... Kahkahkah... go out "ngirup" in the city...

Aiyaaaa, but so sedih ehh.... most of my friends are back home... Missing them sooooo muchhh... I wanna go home too!!! =(

I remember during primary school days, when my uncle and aunty were still staying in Bintagor, my family will drive all the way there to spend our Gawai holidays. I miss those times when my sister and I will bug the adults and my older cousins to bring us to the sungai at the back of the house. Those were the gila times!! Adakah patut, dah la so cold, still can mandi berjam-jam there... Haha...

And then on the way back home, my uncle will cut the sugarcane, and we will sit at the steps eating the sugarcane.... or come back to find jagung in the kitchen, and we'll sit and the steps eating jagung (kena halau out of the house in case we dirty the place)... haha! Then at night berkaraoke backstreet boys songs with my cousin... Oh!! Almost terlupa me, the barbeques we use to have at night... the ayam pangang, jagung, babi... whatever meat we have la... ushhh, rindu ehhh... and when we get too bored in the afternoon, my cousins will bring us for a ride on the motorbike...

Sighhh... missing those times...

Haha, oh... and guess what... I found a researcher on Iban agriculture in my uni... As some of you know, I'm currently writting an essay... It's about how globalisation affects the local cultures of the world, and I focus mine on Sarawak... Coz easy ba, tutup mata also can write.... but I went to talk to my tutor/lecturer on how to approach the essay, and he introduced me to his friend, Rob Cramb who has been researching Iban and agriculture for years... Had a talk with him... So nice able to talk2 about home... He's angmoh la... but he has been celebrating Gawai... So kek tiok, orang putih pun celebrate Gawai... I bet he speaks Iban as well!!! I've been meaning to ask him, but malu la wanna ask him...

1 comments:

Jeffrey said...

Haha. It's always nice to find someone familiar with your homeland. =D