CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Counting down the days that passed

Monday 4 May 2009

Things you take for granted...

How many times you feel like killing your dog when he barks his head off when a cat runs pass? And he keeps on going on and on and on even when you tell him it's just a bloody cat!!

How many times you feel like strangling him when you ask him to go inside and he keeps sniffing around outside peeing on every single tree ignoring you? And he looks at you laughing when you look so mad jumping yelling at the gate at him...

How many times you feel like hitting him when you found out he bit your favourite shoe... AGAIN!!! The worst and classic case is he ALWAYS bites mum's expensive shoes... and who gets the blame? you... and when you scold him he looks at you with sorry eyes promising he'll never do it ever and then few months down the road it happens again!

But how many times you wanna hug and kiss him for doing the little things that makes you happy...

When he finally realised that "sit" meant actually sitting down... when he begs he sits 'coz he thinks when he sits he'll get a treat... when he actually listens to you instead of dad... when he recognises you even tho you've been away for months... when he barks at weird people walking pass the gates... when he gets sad when Trixie's sick... when he trains with you during your sports day... how he looks like he's laughing his head off for beating you every single time... and even though you're huffing and puffing like you're gonna die like that, and he still can jump run around you...

How many times you wanna high 5 him and laugh for all the funny little things...

Like he trying to bite water from the hose...

Oh, another case... He's big... as in HUGE!! So naturally people are afraid of him, because of his size and loud booming bark... I remember this one time when we were renovating, the workers had to go to the back of the house, and that was where he was at. They didn't dare to go to the back.. so I made a deal with him. I knew he wanted to go out so much, so I'm like.. fine I let you out, but stop barking and don't you dare bite anyone. He look me in the eye and it seemed like he understood. So I told he guys like, don't worry he doesn't bite and opened his gate, and he zoomed out... I swear it was so funny seeing the grown men scared to death!! I bet he was laughing his little doggie heart out as well!


And then... your dad calls you telling that he got knocked by a hit and run... and he's in hospital... your dad tells you not to worry, only internal bleeding but no broken bones... next thing you know mum emails saying he has spinal injury and is paralysed at both his hind legs...

Then you remember all your broken promises to take him out for a walk... to play with him... how you complain when you have to feed him... to bath him... to bring him out...

but now he can't walk, he can't do his fave thing in the world, running... he can't jump about in his cute way... he can't sit to beg you for food anymore...


I am such a bad owner... and he's such a good dog... I know i keep comparing you to Bambi... but Mink... I love you so much... I'm so sorry... I wish I'm there with you right now... I hope the pain will go away soon... I'm so sorry you had to go through all that... and it's sooooo frustrating that there's nothing I can do!!!!




For the record, no I do not abuse my dogs k... I mean, sometimes you feel so frustrated with them, but you won't ever do things that hurt them... and yes, this post is about Minki, the dalmatian...

0 comments: