CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Counting down the days that passed

Wednesday 18 March 2009

We are all Irish on St Pats =D

It's a day where people dig up their greens and go to the nearest Irish pub and down some Guinness in the spirit of St Patrick's!!


I was introduced to St Pats 2 years ago by my host dad in Germany. It was also my first Guinness ever... Anyway, I couldn't help getting caught up in the excitement! There were tables and tables of people wearing St Patrick's Day hats and drinking more and more Guinness... I wanted one too but you had to drink 10 huge pints of Guinness to get a free hat!! I couldn't even finish my pint!! But the atmosphere was great, the Irish band was awesome!!

Fast forward 2 years, and here I am in Brisbane celebrating St Pats!! WOOHOO!! Only, without the winter jacket, scarf and boots.. LOL!! I looked forward for this day for weeks, ahaha... Actually 'coz I mistakenly thought St Pats was last week... Too bad I missed the parade, but at least I got to listen to some bagpipes.. =D They were awesome!!

Esther and I were so excited yesterday (17/3/09)... we kept going on and on about St Pats, and we wanted the Guinness hat sooo much!! Guess what?!! The Uni bar had an offer for 2 Guinness you get a free hat... At first I wanted to wait for Bryan so that he'll drink for me... but then Esther was worried that they will run out of hats... good call on her, we went during lunch to get our hats! I can't believe I down a Guinness! Surprisingly it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be... it wasn't stout though, it was draught... in a can!!! We donated our other Guinness to the kind guys who offered their sits for us.. Haha... They were funny!!


In the evening we went to the city to Irish Murphy's, the best Irish pub in town... I always wanted to go there to listen to their live bands, but never got to it... hehe.. THE LINE WAS SOOOO LONGGG!! It was sooo packed inside! People where spilling drinks everywhere and on everyone and stepping on everybody's feet! Kinda reminded me of Germany tho.. lol!!

Met a couple of Irish guys... Haha, the funny thing was, the whole night everyone was asking, "Are you Irish?" so when my friend asked the guy is he Irish, he was like, "No, I'm from Spain."... YEAH RIGHT!! Haha...



After all that commotion, finally Bryan arrived after his orchestra practise... the girls wanted to get back early, but Bryan, Regina and I stayed... Had a round of Kilkennys and Bryan promised us that he'll play after the beer.

Then we realised that our last bus was in 8 minutes!! We had to run, but he still managed to play on the way to the bus stop!!! He was like, ok ok ok, grab my case, zip it... ok.. I'm going to play!! LOL!!



Then running towards King George Station, a random Aussie gal run up to Bryan.
Girl: OMG! Is that a violin?!!
Bryan: Er, no... it's a viola...
Girl: Oh!
Bryan: But it's kinda the same as the violin only bigger...
Girl: Can I play? Can I play???
Bryan: Sure but we have to be fast, our bus is leaving in 5 minutes...

And then the girl started playing, and damnnn, SHE WAS GOOD!!! Haha... Anyway, it was fun! Bryan made a new friend.. hahaa!! =D



Happy St Patrick's people!!

2 comments:

b@wee said...

WHEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! I'M AH RYSH!!!! HAHAHAH. :D

dumm beedee dum ba dada dum ba dee dum.

Jeffrey said...

lol.I'll be "Irish' next year. haha