CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Counting down the days that passed

Sunday 12 July 2009

Rainfest in Brissy...

God is so good... He must be thinking... since I wanted to go to Rainfest so much, let me enjoy "Rainfest" in Brisbane la... Micro scale... Hahaha... I didn't realised until I was walking down Queen Street Mall and heard music similar to those you hear in Rainfest.

It alllllllllllllllllllllllll started on Friday night. We were in South Bank eating Mediterranean dinner to celebrate Sophia's friend, Elise's Birthday. It was awesome... Greek music, Greek dances, belly dances... and then after dinner, Bryan and Sophia wanted to Salsa... So we went across to road... but it wasn't happening enough, so we walked all the way to Brisbane Square. 3/4 of the way we heard loud nice Latin music. Bryan was so excited... And then... This mass of people greeted our sight.


There was a Colombian band playing LIVE Latin music!!! How awesome was THAT?!!! There were SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many people dancing... I never saw SO MANY people dancing outdoors like that. Soph and Bryan did a bit of Salsa... Haha... Me? Nahhhh, I can't dance! What ya talking about... XD Anyway, just listening to the music, listening to Spanish lyrics and looking at heaps of Spanish speaking hot people around you dancing, is enough.. =)

On Saturday, I had a lazy day... And then... Ollie introduced me to Jerry Kamit. I think he's an Iban singer who plays the sape or something like that la. He performs at Rainfest... So I YouTubed him. And my night was spent listening to Jerry Kamit's sape music and other Orang Ulu music.

Then on Sunday, which was today... We were having our $2 steaks again when we decide to go to Queen St Mall to check out the trains timetable. Walk-walk-walk... we heard this African like sounding music... Suddenly I started jumping and excitedly told Bryan, "OMIGODRAINFESTMUSIC!!!!". Haha...

This band, Jambezi is an Australian band based in Sunshine Coast. Their music is sort of fusion between African beats, Gypsy spirit and a bit of downtown disco. Their music really make you wanna dance!!

Even this grandma, yes the one in the gray shirt and red pants... SHE WAS DANCING LIKE MAD!! How awesome right?!! When on earth do you get to see an old lady grooving like that!! She inspires me to dance!!! Haha... Awesome mannn!!

Yea, rainfest right? Music, grooving and all... Haha... =D

1 comments:

Eve said...

whoaa cool XD

The Ah Ma very cute n sporting indeed!