CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Counting down the days that passed

Tuesday 1 January 2008

Silvester!!!

Technically it's no longer Silvester... Silvester's new year's eve... and it's 2 hours and 23 minutes into the new year already... So guys...


HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008!!!!
Selamat Tahun Baru!!!
Frohes Neues Jahr!!
Xin Nian Quai Le!
Okie, I'm not sure if the last one is correct or not... Forgive my Chinese, I didn't learn it in school, so if my pin yin is wrong, help me correct it by leaving me a comment k??
So the fireworks were really crazy after 12am... after an hour plus there were still people lighting up their fireworks! But it was really misty that you couldn't see anything 50 meters away. You could only hear the fireworks. But it was still beautiful 'coz basically almost every house in my street lighted at least 2! People came out of their houses at 12 and started wishing everyone else Happy New Year. It was really nice.
Well, I guess you guys will be wondering and waiting for juicy stories about my Silvester celebrations... Sorry to spoil your mood, but I'm just a boring pig... I didn't really celebrate Silvester that big.
I started the day by going to sleep at about 4.30am plus... and then waking up at 9.30am, but only got out of bed at about 12.30am. And then ate my 'breakfast' of 2 slices of bread and a glass of milk and watched some film my host sister was watching. Later on I went online and read some Malaysian dude's blog about cycling from L.A. to Malaysia. I was pretty amused tho. After that I walked Akira with my host dad along the canal which was really nice. After showering, we had raclette for dinner which was really lecker!! After dinner, we played some guessing game and then Tabu afterwards. And before we could say Happy New Year, the count down was over. We hurried and opened our seck bottles and toasted to the new year and literally ran outside to join the orchestra of fireworks lighting up the misty sky.
I bet the others are probably really drunk right now but I'm all sober blogging... haha... what a way to start the new year huh? Well, it's a part of the reason why I'm all depress lately but I won't go into the details 'coz I don't wanna blog about something bad here... But like I said... or like I didn't say, it's egal! It wasn't like I didn't enjoy it at all right?
Soooo... I hope you guys had a more memoriable New Year Countdown... and wish you guys einen Guten Rutsch ins neues Jahr!! (A good slide into the new year!)
PS: sorry I didn't have any photos, like I said, it was really misty out there!

1 comments:

Eve said...

happy new year,shalyn!
hmm ur chinese not bad what....
only one word wrong nia..
it is 'xin nian kuai le' =)
hihi