CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Counting down the days that passed

Tuesday 20 April 2010

SUPAFEST 2010

Hey heyyy!!

As some of you know, I've been crazy about last weekend... trying to find people to go with the to the Supafest! What is it, you ask?? *gasp* YOUDUNNO??!! Haha.. chill, yea... not many people knew about Supafest... I found out on Facebook, through a friend in Sydney.

So..... get ready for this... it was a music festival featuring Akon, Kelly Rowland, Pitbull, Jay Sean, Sean Paul and Eve!!! YES THEY WERE IN AUSTRALIA!!! IN BRISBANE!!! :D

I bought tickets on Wednesday... The worst thing was, it didn't feel like I spent AUD130! I didn't even feel the guilt!! Usually wanna spend like AUD20 already my heart like wanna break into a zillion pieces... Anyway, I held onto my tickets like it was gold... technically it was, haha.. for me.. freaking AUD13o mann..

My ticketttt to my first ever major concert!!!

Got up early to go to the concert... Was in the city at like 11am... it was supposed to start at 1, so my friends and I decided to go there at 12... didn't happen due to unforeseen circumstances... we got there at 1.30pm, and it gates weren't even open yet!! Which was good for me, 'coz I prolly would've cried if I missed any of the acts.

LOOK AT THE LINE!!!

And that wasn't even near the front!! That was the middle, and only ONE SIDE OF THE ENTRANCE!! The gates didn't open until 2.30pm, but I didn't feel like the wait was long... Prolly just from being excited to be so near!

The Supafest 2010 poster

Once we finally got through the alcohol and weapons check, and the ticket check, we still had like heaps of waiting to do... The local DJs played but only a small group of people were partying out at their small stage... Most people were just hanging around, waiting, walking here and there...

It was at 3.55 when they FINALLY started doing acts on the main stage!!

This was the first act... Local... no idea who they were... Their dance moves were really good tho... and, yeaa... the crowd enjoyed it... It reminds me of Backstreet Boys, the hip hop version... HAHA!

After that.. suddenly this Lady Gaga look alike person came out... Chris Sobello... I thought it was a guy at first, from the name, but nope... turns out to be this Australian version of Gaga.

And then... FINALLYYYY!!! Eve came on! She was really good... Even though her voice was wearing out, she still gave a great performance... Kinda pity her, 'coz the crowd didn't really know her songs, so it was hard to sing along with her... and her DJ tried getting us to be louder...

After she went off stage... The DJ mentioned that Jay Sean was next... THE CROWD WENT CRAZY!!! We were screaming our lungs out... but no Jay Sean... 5 minutes later... the DJ went, scream if you wanna see Jay Sean!!! It went on for a while, like maybe 15-20 minutes before Jay Sean himself actually came out...

And we went even crazier!! What I think was that, they were waiting for the sun to go down, to get it a little darker so that they could have the cool lightings...

He brought Britain's no. 1 beat boxer and damnnn!! The guy was seriously good!! He gave us a preview of Pitbull, Sean Paul and Akon... He blew our minds!!

But obviously Jay Sean was the hit... Everyone was singing along with him... and who could resist his sexy British accent... awwww!!!

Jay Sean, up close... I think he was singing "Do you remember" in this one... I couldn't get a close shot of him, so I took the video shot.. turnes out pretty good eyy..
:)

Next up was....

SEAN PAULLL!!!

He was good... But you know his songs, like, even if we knew the lyrics, you just can't seem to be able to sing along or rap along with him. LOL! So... the crowd was like... lalalalalala... I got the right temperature... lalalalala...

Well, at least, I was doing that... lol... I know... I'm sad... but I can't do Sean Paul... XD

Guess who came on next?? Everyone went WILD just knowing he was gonna come out!!

IT WAS PITBULL!!!!

Now, Pitbull... HE WAS SO AWESOME!! His showmanship... wowww... haha... all I can say... I was quite shock with the vulgarities... I must admit, haha... like he just shouted, "LET HAVE A MOTHERF*CKING GOOD TIME!!!!". And he did that repeatly during his show....

But still... he was really good! I went wild in this one... HAHA!

Next up was Kelly Rowland...

Her voice was amazing... she started off singing "Dilema", the one with Nelly...

I WAS LIKE... AWWWW!!! I LOVE THIS SONGGG!!! Reminded of Form 1/2 when the song just came out...

She was like... No matter what I dooo.... *stares at the crowd* All I think about is youuuu....

And she kept making us sing along with her... Too bad she didn't really sang the whole song... I was disapointed in that sense. She gave us a preview of her new single, and also sang some of Destiny's Child's songs, like Survivor among others...

But the finale... boyyy, the finale...

Akon was in the building... :D

He had some movie clips going on before appearing on stage, some annoying girls behind me were getting irritated 'coz it was so long... I was so close to turning around, and telling them to shut the F up 'coz not everyone does not want to watch the movie... but of course I didnt...

I liked his concept, so he had this movie clip going on, leading to whatever song he was gonna sing... for example, he had this rauchy scene with a super hot lady, and then she kinda like was working for some gangsters, and after tying him on the bed, she said to him, "you should've given us the diamonds". And he went, "Girl, you're so dangerous". I'm sure you can guess what he sang after that... ;)

Then there was this one song, "I wanna f*ck you". Ok... I had NO IDEA it was "f*ck you", instead of "love you" k... screw Malaysian censorship lar... Don't give us the original lyrics one... I was like, why is everyone screaming "I WANNA F*CK YOU!! YOU ALREADY KNOW!!".

HAHA! Mind blowing...

When the song ended, Akon said, "Since you already know I wanna f*ck you, so you don't mind me smack that right?"

AHHHHHH!!!! And you know what came after that!! :D

HE WAS REALLY REALLY AWESOME!! And the best thing was he interacted with the crowd so much... That's why we loved him so much... AND HE ACTUALLY CAME DOWN FROM THE STAGE TO BE WITH US!!

That's him, IN THE CROWD!!!

AND I WAS LIKE FEW INCHES AWAY FROM HIM!!

I know from this picture it doesn't seem so... but he came right where I was standing after that... My friend who was in front of me managed to touch him!! I didn't! :(

So near yet so far...

BUT HELL!! IT WAS SO WORTH MY 130 BUCKS!!

0 comments: