CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Counting down the days that passed

Thursday 15 April 2010

Epic Day with Epic People with Epic Food

Sorry... This post is kinda outdated a bit... I took a couple of days to put the pictures into my computer... and then sorting it and deciding which pictures I wanna put in my blog... To make it up, it's a pretty long post... Anywayyy, enough of the explaining and more on the blogging... :)

So, this was on Sunday (11th of April, 2010)... Bryan has been telling about this super yum breakfast place at Newfarm, and so we've been planning to have breakfast there for quite sometime now, just that we hadn't had the time to actually go.

The night before, Mr Bryan Wee made a brilliant plan to go for 8a.m. mass and then head down to Newfarm to have breakfast, and then not having to worry to rush to church after that. So... I thought, yup, that sounds like a brilliant plan!

I slept at 1.30am that night, and had to dragggg my body out of bed at 7am, so that I could catch the 7.30 bus with Bryan to the city. You have no idea how hard it was to wake up that morning, but since I didn't have credit on my handphone, I had no choice!

I was jaywalking all the way from my house to the bus stop, and just at the intersection to the bus stop, I SAW MY BUS!! But there were cars so I couldn't just jaywalk across the street! As soon as the last car pass the traffic light, heck cares if it was still red, I dashed across the road and made it just in time! And guess what? He wasn't in the bus... I didn't give it much thought, 'coz I thought I might have caught an earlier bus than supposed to...

Reached church, still no show... After mass still no show... Then I got a text... He woke up late... LOL... So I waited in the city for Bryan and Uyen to arrive so that we can tackle the yummy breakfast!

Got a bus, reached Newfarm, walked a bit to the Breakfast place... It was at a French, cafe called Au Cirque... THE QUEUE WAS SO LONG!!! sorry no pics, 'coz it didn't occur to me to take photos then.. haha... Anyway, the wait was so worth it!!

Happy faces when we finally got a table!

Even more happy faces when our food arrived. This was my Chowdown... AUD16 but oh so totally worth it! Lasted me all the way to dinner! It has few slices of bacon, 2 poached eggs, 1 potato cake, stir-fry mushrooms, 2 sausages, 2 slices of toast, and veggies... I told you it was yum!

After breakfast we decided to walk around Newfarm, I haven't been here eventhough I've lived in Brisbane for about 2 and half years now? Haha... Sad... I know... IT WAS SOOO PRETTY!!

Shops at Newfarm Village I think...

And then... Bryan went C.R.A.Z.Y at Coles... After such a heavy breakfast, he was already deciding what to cook for dinner!! Uyen and I were like... -.-" Full Bryan... we're still full....

Anyway, Bryan went on about having roast potatoes... My reaction to that was, "Only roast potatoes? What are you going to eat with that??". And we spent about maybe 30 minutes trying to decide what to go with roast potatoes... Bryan wanted grilled fish... I thought the fish he wanted was gonna be too fishy... Then I said, why not meat? It'll taste better with potatoes... So he spent walking from the beef section, to the lamb section, to the ham section, back to beef, etc. Finally the chef decided on marinated beef roast!

Our tired faces after spending hours at Coles with Bryan... Oh ya! I forgot to mention that I wasn't supposed to have dinner with them, I wanted to go back to do some uni work. Somehow they managed to convince me to bring my uni stuff over to Uyen's and then we could have scones for high tea, and then dinner... Oops, I forgot to mention that, before the whole roast fiasco, Bryan found a recipe for scones, and decided to bake scones... Yup, like 1 second after discovering the recipe, he went straight to the baking aisle and started grabbing ingredients.

Bryan's happy face mixing the dough kampung style... He came out of the kitchen, went to the balcony door, and plonk down, and starting mixing it with his hands... I just had to get a picture!!

A stranger came to visit while the scones were baking... yah, I know... I was distracted while doing work... haha...

Tadahhh!! End produce of Chef Bryan: sweeten soya milk, with a scone and jam... It smelt good, it looked good, and most importantly... it tasted good!! :) WELL DONE BRYAN!

Then he went on preparing his roast... Cutting his veggies of potatoes, zucchinis, carrots and onions. Sprinkling on his newly bought herbs of rosemary, thyme, black pepper and sea salt...

I forgot to take a picture while they were all roasting together.... so bare with me...

The roast veges, sitting in the warm oven while waiting to the roast to rest...

You have to admit that it looks pretty good ey? Make you more jealous... IT WAS GOOD!!! Tender and flavourful... just about the perfect roast I would say...

By the end of the day, I forgot that I hadn't enough sleep, that it was a bloody hot day, that I had an assignment due on Tuesday, that the holidays was ending and that I had to go back to uni the next day....

So... I'll have to shout out...
THANK YOU BRYAN AND UYEN FOR A WONDERFUL DAY OUT AND FOR CONVINCING ME TO STAY FOR DINNER!!!

1 comments:

Livvy said...

yes I have to be very jealous. >,<
food looked good.